Last Updated: 12/07/2022
Planet Beauty (“Planet Beauty” “we,” “us” or “our”), is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information.
Third Party Websites
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could be reasonably associated or linked with a particular person or household. It also includes other information that may be associated with you, such as your usage data, location, preferences, or interests, if that information can be used to identify you, your household, or your device, or any other information as otherwise defined under applicable law. The types of personal information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
Planet Beauty collects the following types of information from you and other users who use our Websites or Services:
- Individual Identifiers: includes your name, username, date of birth, contact information such as mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Payment and Transactional Information: includes your payment and transactional information including Services purchased. Note that we use third party payment processors to facilitate your payments and do not store your payment information.
- Usage and Technical Information: includes features that gather information about how users use it. This assists us with keeping track of preferences, creating a more tailored user experience, and better serving users’ particular interests and needs. This information may include: IP addresses, Website pages viewed and the duration, browser or operating system information, mobile device type, system settings, and aggregate and/or deidentified data related to a person’s interaction with our Website.
- Communications with Us, Preferences, and Other Information you Provide to Us: includes any messages (including via online chat feature), opinions, and feedback that you provide to us, your user preferences (such as in receiving updates or marketing information), and other information that you share with us when you contact us directly (such as for customer support services).
Please note, that we appreciate all feedback you provide regarding the Website. However, any feedback or comments sent to the Website shall be and remain the exclusive property of Planet Beauty. We reserve the right to share your feedback with other Planet Beauty personnel or third parties of our choosing in order to improve our Services.
Sensitive Personal Information
How We Collect Information
We generally collect personal information and create and maintain records about individuals for our legitimate business purposes and in relation to the Services we provide to you.
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We collect information that you decide to share with us. For example, we collect personal information directly from you when you engage with our Services through our Website or our mobile application, sign up for our mailing list, register for a Planet Beauty membership account via the Website or in person, contact us via email or a chat box or form on the Websites, engage with us on social media, contact us via phone, visit one of our stores, sign up to receive a discount code, or otherwise interact with us or use our Services. At times, we may require you to provide certain information, including personal information, in order to provide you with Services you request. For instance, we may require you to provide your name, email address, mailing address, and payment card information when you place an order on our Website. We may also require you to provide your name, email address, or other contact information when you register for a membership account or contact us with a question or comment. In some circumstances, we will not be able to further our relationship with you (for example, to fulfill an order you place) without certain personal information. We will inform you at the relevant time if this is the case.
We collect any other information or content you provide to us, such as when you provide feedback about our products or services or make other submissions to us or use other features of our Services that may be offered from time to time, which may require the collection of certain personal information in order to utilize the features. Examples of user content data may include information about your opinions, feedback, preferences, and any other personal information you choose to provide in your interactions with us.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect certain personal information when you access and use our Services. The types of information we collect may include:
- Internet Activity. We collect certain information about your internet activity when you use our Website and Services. Such information may include your IP address.
- Usage Data. Planet Beauty collects information about your activity on our Services via cookies and similar technologies. Please see the “Cookies” section below for more information on cookies and your cookie choices.
- Personal Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may collect personal information about you from other sources such as publicly available sources, and/or other external agencies, but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services.
How We Use Your Information
Planet Beauty may use the information it collects in a variety of ways for its business or commercial purposes, such as to:
- Facilitate your use of the Services;
- Confirm your eligibility to use the Services;
- Fulfill your requests and provide support;
- Facilitate your movement through the Services;
- Send you communications such as administrative e-mails, promotional e-mails, answers to your questions, and updates about the Services; by letter, e-mail, or other forms of communication;
- Improve the Website’s content, features, and/or services;
- Improve or develop new Planet Beauty Services, and/or marketing efforts;
- Analyze traffic to and through the Website;
- Monitor and analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Website in order to keep the Website secure and personalize your user experience;
- Protect or enforce Planet Beauty’s rights and properties;
- Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others;
- Comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation; and
- Where you otherwise have given Planet Beauty your consent and permission to do so.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to help provide our Services to you. For instance, we may disclose your information to our service providers to respond to your requests or to provide customer service. We may also provide your personal information to service providers who assist us in providing certain services. For example, we may provide the information we collect from you with our cloud hosting service providers, or our payment card processing providers. We may also disclose your information to our affiliates.
We may also disclose your information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate and improve the quality and marketing of our Services.
- To protect our users and network against fraud and security threats.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend our rights or property.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
- To protect the personal safety of individuals or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
- When there is a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to our guests, visitors, associates, or property (including the Websites), or to others. This may include disclosures to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity or other civil violations.
We may disclose your information with the following types of entities and third parties:
- Service Providers: Planet Beauty may engage fulfillment companies, service providers, individuals, and agents to facilitate and help us provide our Services. Such service providers perform tasks, services, or functions on our behalf, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. Service providers may assist us with marketing, shipping, delivery, web hosting or development, technical support and other support services. Planet Beauty reserves the right to provide personal information to such companies to the extent it may be necessary for them to provide services to or on behalf of Planet Beauty. Such companies may also collect personal information directly from you in connection with providing their services, and they will have the right to provide that personal information to us. Such other companies may not use your private or personal information for purposes other than providing services through or on behalf of Planet Beauty.
- Law Enforcement or Other Lawful Authority: We may from time to time be required to provide information to law enforcement or other governmental authorities pursuant to a warrant, court order, or other lawful process.
Over the last 12 months, we have disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information:
|Category of Information||Examples of Information Disclosed||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifying Information||Name, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and other identifiers.||Our service providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Payment Information||Your name and billing totals for payment and invoice processing. Note that we use third party payment processors to facilitate your payments and do not store your payment card information.||Our service providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Communications with Us, Preferences, and Other Information you Provide to Us||Messages, feedback, and other communications you provide directly to us.||Our service providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Usage and Technical Information||Information about your interaction with our Website and content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites (e.g. IP address; browsing history; search history; device information; information about user’s interaction with Website, such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs via cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, transparent GIFs; browser information; operating system and platform; geolocation information; user content (e.g. photos, videos, audio, images, social media /online posts, first-party works).||Our Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
Categories of Personal Information Sold or Shared
|Category of Information||Examples of Information Disclosed||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifying Information||Name, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and other identifiers.||Our Service Providers including marketing Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Usage and Technical Information||Information about your interaction with our Website and content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites (e.g. IP address; browsing history; search history; device information; information about user’s interaction with Website, such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs via cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, transparent GIFs; browser information; operating system and platform; geolocation information; user content (e.g. photos, videos, audio, images, social media /online posts, first-party works).||Our analytics and marketing Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
Please note that “sale” of personal information does not include those instances when such information is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of our business. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or other business transaction, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction. If such transaction materially affects the manner in which your personal information is processed, we will notify you of such change prior to its implementation.
Notice of Financial Incentive
The Planet Beauty Rewards Club may be considered a Financial Incentive Program under California law because of the benefits you receive when you enroll with your name and email address.
The Planet Beauty Rewards Club is a voluntary loyalty program. You can opt-in to the Rewards Club by registering for an account online or in one of our stores, and you may opt-out at any time. To opt-out of the Rewards Club, contact us using the information in the Contact Us section below. Club Rewards Club Members receive:
- 25 points upon creation of an account;
- 1 point for each $1 you spend when you shop online;
- 100 points on your birthday; and
- 10 points when you follow Planet Beauty on each of our social media channels.*
Rewards Club Members can redeem 500 points for $15 off an order at checkout.
*Some restrictions apply. Please see the Rewards Club rules for more information, which are available in our stores or Online.
In order to provide you with the Rewards described above, Planet Beauty will use the personal information you provide to us including your name, username, email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, and purchase history to provide you with the Rewards described above, facilitate your membership in the Rewards Club, and communicate with you to provide information you request or other information relevant to your membership.
The Rewards that Planet Beauty provides to Rewards Club members are reasonably related to the value of the data you provide to us. While we do not calculate the monetary value of the data that you provide, it is valuable to us because it allows us to further our relationship with you, to understand your preferences based on your purchasing history so that we can suggest products that will be useful to you, and reward and thank our loyal customers for patronizing our business. Any value varies depending on the purchases each Rewards Club member makes, the Rewards they take advantage of, and many other factors.
How Your Information is Stored, Transferred, and Secured
Planet Beauty’s offices are located in the United States and our Services are not directed to clients in other jurisdictions. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and you use our Services, this will involve transferring your personal information outside of the EEA. Many of our external third parties are also based outside of the EEA, so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of information outside of the EEA. For example, Planet Beauty hosts the information it collects at data centers in the United States. As a result, your information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and other lawful authorities in another jurisdiction according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the personal information.
Retention and deletion of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations. We will not retain your personal information or sensitive personal information longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected.
We may rectify or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Securing Your Information
Planet Beauty takes the privacy and security of your information seriously, and uses reasonable, appropriate and customary procedures and technologies to help protect the confidentiality of any personal information we collect. Planet Beauty employs reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the information we collect, process, and store. However, no website, network, or system can be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts despite taking appropriate and reasonable precautions. Furthermore, Planet Beauty does not control the devices, computer or network through which you access the Website or over which you may choose to send personal information or other information to us, and therefore cannot prevent potential interceptions or compromises to your information while in transit. Planet Beauty makes no guarantee as to the security, integrity or confidentiality of any information transmitted to or from the Website. Planet Beauty is committed to safeguarding your information to the best of its ability but cannot guarantee the security of electronic communications or transmission made over the Internet.
Planet Beauty may receive, store and use the information you enter on our Websites or which is collected during your visit to our Services. Such information will generally not personally identify you and may include the date and time of your visit, pages accessed, the web browser you use, the internet address of any website from which you linked directly to our website and related information.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- 'Session cookies' which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- 'Persistent cookies ' which are read only by the Website, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- 'Third party cookies' which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
Your Cookie Choices
When it comes to how you want to use or allow cookies to be used on your devices, you are in control. Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You may set your browser to block or otherwise control what cookies your browser or device accepts via your settings. Additionally, you can choose to modify your settings and delete those cookies that are otherwise stored on your device. Please note that, if you choose not to accept cookies, some Website features and the personalization of our Services may no longer work for you. You will continue to receive advertising material, but it will not be tailored to your interests. Please consult the instructions provided by your browser or your mobile device manufacturer to determine how you can limit the placement of and/or remove cookies or other similarly used technologies.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Our Websites are not currently designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. “Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable “Do Not Track” by visiting the “Preferences” or “Settings” page of your web browser. Do Not Track is different from Global Privacy Controls (“GPC"), which may notify websites of consumers’ privacy preferences regarding the sale or sharing of Personal Information, or the use of Sensitive Personal Information.
Third parties may collect data that relates to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
All of our Services, including our Websites, are intended for adult audiences, and are not directed to or meant for individuals under the age of 16 (“Children”). As such, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16, and Children under 16 may not use our Sites or any other Services. If you are under 16, do not attempt to register for or use any of our Services, including our Sites, and do not provide us any personal information about yourself. We may collect information pertaining to Children under 16 only if provided by a parent or guardian in the course of adding the Child as a dependent with regard to the Services.
Privacy Rights Information for California Residents
Planet Beauty has in place policies and procedures to facilitate the exercise of privacy rights available to California residents. If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
Your Privacy Rights Subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights under California law:
- Right to Access: to have access to your personal information upon verifiable request – that is, you may receive a copy of such information upon receipt of a verifiable request, along with other information related to the collection or processing.
- Right to Correct: to correct inaccuracies in the personal information that Planet Beauty holds about you upon receipt of a verifiable request.
- Right to Disclosure of Direct Marketers: to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names/addresses of third parties that have received personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Information About Collecting, Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information: upon receipt of a verifiable request, you may obtain a list of:
- The specific pieces of your personal information Planet Beauty holds;
- The categories of personal information collected about you, sold or shared to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes;
- The categories of personal information sold within the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom personal information is shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to Deletion: to obtain the deletion of your personal information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law and upon receipt of a verifiable request.
- Right to Limit: to limit certain uses or disclosures of sensitive personal information. Our uses of sensitive personal information are described in the section above.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. As defined under relevant law, you have a right to non-discrimination in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Please contact us utilizing the methods listed in the “” Section below in relation to exercising these rights. We may ask you to provide information about yourself so that we can verify your identity as part of this process. This information may include your name, email address, and any other information necessary to reasonably verify your identity, to ensure that your information is not shared with anyone impersonating you. We may ask for additional information if we have difficulty confirming your identity. We will not share your information or honor other requests in those situations in which we are unable to confirm a request for your information is a “verifiable request.” Once we have verified your identity, we will work to fulfill your request in a timely manner. Please note there may be some situations in which we are unable to fulfill your request, such as if we cannot find any information about you within our systems. Additionally, we may not be able to honor a deletion request in some situations, such as if your information is necessary to fulfill the Services you requested or meet a legal obligation. We will inform you whether we can fulfill your rights request.
Under California law a consumer can appoint an “authorized agent” to make certain verifiable requests upon their behalf, such as the right to know what information we collect about the consumer or to request deletion of the consumer’s information. An “authorized agent” may submit a request on behalf of a California resident who has authorized the agent to act on their behalf. Because the security and privacy of your information is paramount, we will ask that you identify such persons and directly confirm that such persons are authorized to act as your agent and exercise your applicable rights under California law in such situations. This may require us to contact you directly and alert you that an individual has claimed to be your agent and is attempting to access or delete your information. We will also independently verify your identity to ensure that an unauthorized person is not attempting to impersonate you and exercise your rights without authorization. We will not share your information or honor any other requests in those situations where you cannot or do not grant permission in writing for an identified authorized agent to act on your behalf, or where we cannot independently verify your identity.
Your California Privacy Rights Regarding Direct Marketing Information
California residents have the right to request information from a company regarding the manner in which it shares certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above.
Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below in the Contact Us section to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the address provided in the “Contact Us” Section. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Direct Marketing Information Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
Planet Beauty – CCPA Inquiries
3199 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
By e-mail: email@example.com (Please use the Subject “CCPA Inquiry” for all inquiries related to California Consumer Privacy Rights)
By Phone: (888) 680-6850
By Webform: Contact us